Friday, November 9, 2018

November. The Move is On!

Our November so far…

Monday was the signing of the papers. The rest of Monday and most of Tuesday I was in bed battling the scourge that beset me from God knows where. Needed sleep. Got some, but apparently, insomnia was just waiting in the wings ready to pounce back into action once it deemed I had had all the sleep it would allow.

Wednesday we did our final walk-through of the town home, saw that they had fixed all the little things we found earlier and then we waited until we could go pick up the keys.

Yesterday was full on piling stuff into the cars and hauling it over there. Bill was awesome, carrying all the boxes as I could hardly carry myself.

Two of the dogs got to go for a visit so they could see where all the stuff was going and to start laying down the dog-stink to insure that this would, in fact, be their new dog-cave.

The last time they saw boxes like this they had to take that plane ride. We could not convince them that they would not have to do that again.

Maddie was first. She had a great time with a quick run in the dog park, a bark or two at the construction workers there on site and a romp up and down the new stairs.

And discovering new lights and shadows to obsess over.



On my next trip over I brought Annabell, but she was running around so much I never got a picture of her! She was really happy! I don’t know if she was just enjoying her doggie-alone time with us or she was relieved to see all the ‘stuff’ that we’d been hauling out of the house.

Bill put down a patch of paint on three walls that we’re adding color to. The gray wall behind Maddie looks really dark in this picture and the room needs a bit of color. I love the gray and white, it’s so much better than looking at the walls in the rental home, but still needs some color. That wall is getting painted, one wall in the master and one wall in Mary’s room.

Today is more packing and transporting and getting ready for a couple of Bill’s cohorts from work to come tomorrow to lift some of the bigger stuff into the U-Haul.

Utilities are taken care of, no thanks to their respective internet accounts (worthless.) It was better speaking to a real person! Who’d a thunk.

The biggest surprise for this morning (other than the fact that I woke up after only 2.25559999 hours of sleep, was that I actually turned the heater on! It was only 68 degrees in the house, but the expanse of tile flooring here was like walking on ice.

So, I’m off! Slow motion at it’s best. Have calls to make. Boxes to pack. Dog hair to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment