Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Adrenal Glands: They can use some love these days


Today I’m talking a bit about adrenal glands and the importance of what they do in your body.

But first:

I am not a doctor. I cannot diagnose or recommend any treatment for any illness or disease. My knowledge is from research and interaction with my physician. You must do your own research and consult your own physician. I will include links to websites I’ve used and provide notations as to where I have gathered my information.

I do not claim that essential oils can cure you of illness. Young Living Essential Oils can assist in supporting your body so it can do what it is made to do. They are not a cure.

With that said, have you ever thought about adrenal glands? I hadn’t until it was a glaring factor in the health of my daughter. Did I learn about it from our conventional physician? No.

It wasn’t until we moved here to Las Vegas and I found a functional medical practitioner.

‘Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century.                                 http://bit.ly/2x3yo48

(You know, I was going to write here something about both kinds of medicine so as not to offend anyone, but... it's my blog! Make your own decisions. These are ours.)



The adrenal glands have a multi-functional role in the endocrine system. The two very different parts of these glands, the medulla and cortex, regulate and maintain many of your internal processes- from metabolism to the fight-or-flight response.                                           http://bit.ly/2N5zs1Y

Do I understand all this? No. That is why I consult a functional physician. What I DO know, is that my daughter is having so many issues. These issues have been getting worse. There are so many and we are finding out that the adrenal glands and their condition may be what is causing the problems. Most traditional doctors only treat a patient who is in adrenal failure. (as far as I can tell so far)

We don’t want it to come to that.

We started looking at functional medicine a couple of years ago, after Mary’s car accident. She has always had problems with allergies, but after the accident everything got worse. We started with her regular physician who just kept giving her every kind of allergy medicine, both prescription and over-the-counter. Nothing gave her any relief. (We found out later that she is allergic to the binding agents and dyes that they use in those products.)

We finally urged (insisted) that he refer us to an allergist. There we found she was allergic to SO much, it was ridiculous. I’d never seen a doctor actually afraid to leave the room because he was worried about an anaphylactic response to the scratch test he’d performed.


We ran the gambit of tests and doctors to no avail. No one knew why. No one had an opinion. Except the ENT. He ‘blamed’ us. (Want his name? He’s in Georgia. I would not recommend him. Message me)

Don’t get me wrong. There is room for both types of medicine! If I break a bone, have a heart attack, whatever, I’m heading to the emergency room. But why not try and get to the bottom of things instead of just taking a handful of pills? You have to engage in your health and the choices you are given. (I won’t go into the profit of traditional health care)

We have not reached any conclusions yet. We are focusing on bettering her health. We cannot FIX what is going on with a pill. We are working on diet and nutrition. We are supplementing our diets. We are using essential oils and supplements that we trust.

Key word: Trust.

If you want to learn what we are doing, jump over to my FaceBook page  (@SavannahOils2) and message me.

Let’s talk.





No comments:

Post a Comment