Thursday, July 4, 2019

Down the Rabbit Hole

After the results we got from our functional doctor (I will always refer to that as I do not want you to think we are getting any help from any traditional doctor) we set off to see how we can help Mary with her adrenal glands as they seemed to be in such distress. Any help would be good for those little things, so off I was online looking for information.

As with everything else in this world today, I don't trust everything I hear and read, so in my research, if I find something that resonates with what I'm thinking I look for multiple opinions. I read through them all, note the similarities, throw out the absurdities, and form my questions to ask the doctor when we see him.

One of the things I was researching was cortisol (That's a link. Learn what it is if you want) and it's job with the adrenals. It raised many questions, so I started looking further.

At the same time I was watching a health symposium online, listening to many doctors and patients discussing autoimmune disorders. This term, autoimmune disease, was thrown at us a couple of times by traditional doctors as they threw their hands in the air and proclaimed they 'could do nothing because it's probably an autoimmune issue or it's all in your head'.

Because we are supposed to 'trust' our (so-called) doctors and that what they tell us is the truth and nothing but the truth, the term 'autoimmune' did not stay in the front of my brain to look into it further.

SUCH a long story in such a short time, but the gist of it is that while listening to this symposium, suddenly I heard a doctor list off all of Mary's symptoms. Not one of the symptoms, but ALL of the symptoms that she has been having for years.


  • Insomnia
  • Temperature dysregulation
  • Hormonal dysfunction
  • Vertigo and dizziness
  • Chronic sinus infections
  • Adrenal Fatigue
  • Multiple chemical sensitivities
  • Mold toxicity
  • Brain Fog (memory and concentration problems)
  • Migraine Headaches
  • Joint Pain
  • Carpal tunnel
  • Anxiety
  • Asthma
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain
  • Severe Allergies
These were all the things PLUS so many more that this doctor's wife had lived with. What started it?

LYME DISEASE

It came back to me that Mary and I had been talking not too long ago about when she had found a tick on her side and Bill had removed it. We never thought another thing about it. That was about eight years ago. She didn't have a rash after that, as far as any of us can remember, but guess what? You don't have to have one. It is not always an occurrence.

Heavy Metal Toxicity can also exhibit many of the same things and there was an incident at a school in Georgia with mercury. The school was evacuated. The classroom closed. We had to take the clothes she was wearing to be destroyed. Yeah.

I called our functional doctor and made an appointment to see him so we could ask some questions.

When we told the nurse why we were there and I stated we wanted to know if we could get Mary tested for Lyme Disease, we got the standard, 'Was there a rash?' After 3 lengthy explanations to 3 people, including the doctor, he finally did his thing and, lo and behold, what he found lined up with Lyme Disease.

Now for more reading and searching. The common denominator in most everything I read, (except traditional medicine, which only wants to treat Lyme Disease with massive doses of antibiotics) is a compromised immune system. While we are following our functional doctor's advice, we are working on healing and boosting Mary's immune system.

Although we are following the doctor's advice as it pertains to Lyme Disease, we are not considering it a label and throwing our hands in the air declaring the this IS it. We going where the path leads us and any treatment for this label is beneficial to whatever else we find. Basically, Mary needs a healthy body and she does not have one.


It is NOT just that I did not know WHAT processed food was while I was raising the girls. It's all we knew. It's all anyone knew. We were told it was GOOD for us. (Trust us! We know what's good for you.)  It took me too long to figure it out for myself. It takes some research and really deep digging sometimes to find the truth about anything.

Our  traditional 'physicians' certainly aren't helping.

If you don't think so, consider the S.A.D.--- Standard American Diet = Standard American Disease

(won't step completely on my soap box. most people don't want to hear it)


Some links if you're interested:

https://healthsecret.com/blog/2019/06/19/do-digestive-enzymes-really-help/

https://draxe.com/how-to-boost-your-immune-system/

https://drjaydavidson.com/health-blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment