Saturday, August 21, 2021

Wild Burros in Nevada

 When I was a kid we would visit our grandfather's cabin up in Big Bear and I have a couple clear memories of when the wild burros were migrating across the mountains. When I heard about wild burros when we moved to Las Vegas we were always on the lookout hoping to catch a glimpse during our drives around the area. I thought I might never see them as our move out of the state was growing near, but one day, on one last drive, I spotted them off the highway heading out of Pahrump! They were pretty far away, but I managed a couple pictures! Good enough! I was so happy to finally spot them!

And! I actually got these pictures on a scrapbook page for my 2020 album! (I can't believe I'm actually working on a 2020 album) 

Using a sketch from Sketch N Scrap, I dug into some old paper from Basic Grey and got these burros down on paper! The August sketch #231 worked out perfect!




An extra bonus, I just happened to get the new 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch in the mail from Creative Memories, so it was super simple to add the tag elements to my layout! 

We love spotting wild life! Didn't get any pictures of those wild turkeys we spotted the other day, but there's hope! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

  1. Love all the older Basic Grey along with the curvy lines!! Miss them! Thanks so much for your entry at Sketch N Scrap this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch!! Lovin' your Basic Grey paper choice! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous I love the color scheme and the story. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap. Great layout! Dorlene DTSNS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout, cool old photos too and I love what you did with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at Sketch n Scrap
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layout! These papers are perfect for these great photos!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete