Wednesday, October 24, 2018

An Actual Scrapbook Page

I've been having computer issues. I've had the thing in to Best Buy. Yeah. That went well. I've had trouble with my scrapbooking software forever. So many phone calls. So much frustration. I still go in and try it and this morning I decided to try it again after I reset my computer yesterday.

I'd started a page a while ago and decided to see if the program would cooperate. The scrapbook software has had a memory problem. It doesn't want to save anything. It thinks about it, but just sits there spinning it's wheels, laughing at me as I try to make it do what I want it to do.

With the move that started a year ago, and honestly, long before that, I've had trouble getting into the mood. It's just not there. But with all those months of waiting, excruciating waiting, for the house to sell, I organized all my digital and printed photos so that once we moved and got settled I could get started again and really enjoy my favorite hobby.

Then we started the town home. Another move. Coming up quickly, I might add. Here we are again. Packing stuff, getting ready for another move. Not far this time. 

So, I'm waiting again. Have to move and get settled again. 

But I've been gathering inspiration. Started collecting ideas. Started to really look forward to playing with paper and pictures again.

In the meantime, prepared for frustration, I actually opened up that program and got it to work long enough to save the page. I love both digital scrapbooking and paper scrapbooking, so this was a good start to my day. I'm not going to push it though. I'm going to let the program sit back, relax and try and get to know me again.


Dayna and Katie came to see me while I was in Las Vegas. Bill had to fly off somewhere else for work that morning so the girls didn't get to see him, but we had fun roaming around Red Rock Canyon, laughing and taking pictures. The day went fast and I flew back to Savannah the next morning as they made their way back to Los Angeles. 

 After so many years living so far away from each other, it is truly a blessing to be where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment