Saturday, October 13, 2018

Interior Design by Amazon

We've been in this rental home five months now, but are almost ready to move again. Yes, all the friends and family know that we are the masters of moving. Hopefully, this will be the last move here in Nevada until Bill and I are put in 'the home' where things like decorating won't be our concern.

We have lived in many a rental home and it didn't used to be a problem with decorating (except maybe my style, if I have one). We hung what we wanted on the walls and, upon leaving, patched up the holes, painted if necessary, and left the place in better condition than when we first signed the lease. That's just what we do. It didn't matter to some landlords, others weren't too accommodating.

The last landlord we had in Georgia had in the lease the exact number of nails we were allowed to put in the walls. I think it was 18, but it was probably less. I don't think we really hung much on the walls there. The asshole vibe from the landlord started right away and we chose not to count nails.

When we moved in the home was touted as being 'move-in ready'. If that meant that there were worms and leaves throughout the house from the windows being left open, then it was. The cabinets were filthy, inside and out. And we won't even discuss the huge yard. When it came time for us to move the landlord shared with us all his assholeness and there was a few heated exchanges before we were finally through with him.

Here we are now, in a rental home in Las Vegas, our town home nearing completion, and getting ready for a fight or two.

The town home was originally slated to close early January. Now it is 2 months early. Yeah. Early. We've had one round of negotiations regarding breaking our lease with the owner through the property management company and we're hoping it is resolved. Unless, of course, the assholeness rears it's ugly head and berates us on our walk-through when we've cleaned and shined the place.

Anyway!
With the town home near completion, I have been thinking about decorating. It'll be ours to do with what we please. We've already picked up a couple of gallons of paint to splash some color on the some of the walls and, since we can walk through the model whenever we want, we can visualize where we may want to put things before we actually get in ours. We've taken pictures, measured walls and marveled at how much storage is in the place!

Enter Amazon.
We're always buying from Amazon, so one evening I decided to see what I would find for decorating a bathroom. Start small. That's what I think.

So here are a few of the things I found when I searched Bathroom Decor on Amazon. Tell me what you think.

I love these four above. 
This one may be too close to reality for me, so I don't know.


So True.

Or just the 'Escape Room'. Works either way.

OMG. Yes.

So cute for our house full of dogs.

Kinda pretty.

Since we do not have small children anymore, I thought this was hilarious!

And these are cute. 

So, what do you think? I have to make a decision some time soon. If I don't get things on the walls in the new place within a reasonable amount of time it will make me crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment